Why Lasik Xtra?
The decision whether or not to undergo LASIK eye surgery requires careful consideration.
It is an investment in something invaluable—your quality of life, and it can be a significant financial commitment as well. That’s why we’ve developed Lasik Xtra, a procedure performed during your LASIK surgery that strengthens the cornea of the eye and has the potential to:1,2
Extend the longevity of LASIK, decreasing the need for touch-up procedures
Improve the accuracy of a LASIK procedure
Provide peace of mind in knowing you are getting the highest quality, safest eye care possible
Reduce the potential for long-term changes in your vision
Benefits of Xtra
If you are a candidate for LASIK, SMILE, or PRK you are likely a candidate for Lasik Xtra, SMILE Xtra, or PRK Xtra too. Talk to your surgeon to see if the benefits are right for you.
Incorporating Lasik Xtra, SMILE Xtra, or PRK Xtra into your procedure improves the strength of the cornea.3
Lock-in the Prescription
Lasik Xtra, SMILE Xtra, or PRK Xtra may extend the longevity of your procedure and could eliminate the need for touch-up procedures, reducing the potential for long-term changes to your vision.4
Improve Procedure Accuracy
Enjoy life with the better vision that Lasik Xtra, SMILE Xtra, or PRK Xtra can provide.5
Over 200,000 eyes have been successfully treated with Lasik Xtra around the world using the KXL System.
Lasik Xtra was shown to be a promising technique to reduce refractive regression following refractive surgery, particularly in categories of patients with high myopia or hyperopia6.
Cumulative UCVA in Highly Myopic LASIK Patients at 3 Months
2) Lim EWL, Lim L. Review of Laser Vision Correction (LASIK, PRK and SMILE) with Simultaneous Accelerated Corneal Crosslinking – Long-term Results. Curr Eye Res. 2019;44(11):1171–1180.
3) Konstantopoulos A, Liu YC, Teo EP, Nyein CL, Yam GH, Mehta JS. Corneal Stability of LASIK and SMILE When Combined With Collagen Cross-Linking. Transl Vis Sci Technol. 2019;8(3):21. Published 2019 May 20.
4) Kanellopoulos AJ, Pamel GJ. Review of current indications for combined very high fluence collagen cross-linking and laser in situ keratomileusis surgery. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2013;61(8):430–432. doi:10.4103/0301-4738.116074
6) Kanellopoulos AJ, Kahn J. Topography-guided Hyperopic LASIK With and Without High Irradiance Collagen Cross-linking: Initial Comparative Clinical Findings in a Contralateral Eye Study of 34 Consecutive Patients. Journal of Refractive Surgery. 2012 November; 28(11): S837-S840.
7) Tan J, Lytle G, Marshall J. Consecutive laser in situ keratomileusis and accelerated corneal crosslinking in highly myopic patients: preliminary results. European Journal of Ophthalmology. 2014 December [ePub ahead of print]
Ask your physician about Lasik Xtra. Find an ophthalmologist in your area today to find out if the treatment is right for you.