Why Lasik Xtra?
The decision whether or not to undergo LASIK eye surgery requires careful consideration.
It is an investment in something invaluable—your quality of life, and it can be a significant financial commitment as well. That’s why we’ve developed Lasik Xtra, a procedure performed during your LASIK surgery that strengthens the cornea of the eye and has the potential to:1,2
Extend the longevity of LASIK, decreasing the need for touch-up procedures
Improve the accuracy of a LASIK procedure
Provide peace of mind in knowing you are getting the highest quality, safest eye care possible
Reduce the potential for long-term changes in your vision
Over 200,000 eyes have been successfully treated with Lasik Xtra around the world using the KXL System.
Lasik Xtra was shown to be a promising technique to reduce refractive regression following refractive surgery, particularly in categories of patients with high myopia or hyperopia6.
Cumulative UCVA in Highly Myopic LASIK Patients at 3 Months
2) Lim EWL, Lim L. Review of Laser Vision Correction (LASIK, PRK and SMILE) with Simultaneous Accelerated Corneal Crosslinking – Long-term Results. Curr Eye Res. 2019;44(11):1171–1180.
3) Konstantopoulos A, Liu YC, Teo EP, Nyein CL, Yam GH, Mehta JS. Corneal Stability of LASIK and SMILE When Combined With Collagen Cross-Linking. Transl Vis Sci Technol. 2019;8(3):21. Published 2019 May 20.
4) Kanellopoulos AJ, Pamel GJ. Review of current indications for combined very high fluence collagen cross-linking and laser in situ keratomileusis surgery. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2013;61(8):430–432. doi:10.4103/0301-4738.116074
6) Kanellopoulos AJ, Kahn J. Topography-guided Hyperopic LASIK With and Without High Irradiance Collagen Cross-linking: Initial Comparative Clinical Findings in a Contralateral Eye Study of 34 Consecutive Patients. Journal of Refractive Surgery. 2012 November; 28(11): S837-S840.
7) Tan J, Lytle G, Marshall J. Consecutive laser in situ keratomileusis and accelerated corneal crosslinking in highly myopic patients: preliminary results. European Journal of Ophthalmology. 2014 December [ePub ahead of print]
Ask your physician about Lasik Xtra. Find an ophthalmologist in your area today to find out if the treatment is right for you.